Sunday, October 08, 2017

Sunday October 8, 2017 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Jesus is the creator of life and his life brings light to mankind.  In his light we see ourselves as we really are (sinners in need of a savior)-
2-Christians are not the source of God's light, we merely reflect that light-
3-The word witness indicates our role as reflectors of Jesus' light-
4-All who welcome Jesus as Lord and Savior of their lives are reborn spiritually, receiving new life from God-
5-Jesus death satisfied God's requirement for the removal and forgiveness of sins-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
For a head cold use a vaporizer to spray the nose until it drops into your throat-
 
I'VE LEARNED
When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of them.  It happened because you and I didn't give them what they needed-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Grasshoppers have white blood-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-We say "don't look at us look at Jesus".  Are we worried what people would find if our lives were scrutinized?    
2-Will we as Christians always live up to the standards of Jesus?  If not, have we sinned by falling short?
3-Could the world survive without all the humanitarian services the church does in Jesus name?
4-What would the world be like if the Holy Spirit was withdrawn from it?
5-Will the Holy Spirit ever be withdrawn from the world?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Matthew 20:20 states that the mother of James and John requested that her sons be appointed to high office in the coming kingdom.  In Mark 10:35, who made the request?
Answer for today      James and John
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
John 14:25-27   “I have told you all these things while I am with you. 26 But the Helper will teach you everything and will cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name.27 “I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, make me aware of your presence so that fear and worry don't control me-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: