Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thursday June 21, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure-
2-If you love to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus a day, so I never have to live without you-
3-The Bible is a book of faith, not history, biology, biography, science or even philosophy-
4-Education is not the filling of an empty pail, but the lighting of a fire-
5-Genesis isn't just about the beginnings of the human race, it is also about the beginning of evil, and about how and why sin entered human existence-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with-orange, purple, silver-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Those who pray "Your kingdom come" find themselves at odds with the world-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The hippopotamus has skin an inch and half thick.  It is so solid that most bullets cannot penetrate it-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it okay with God for us to be upset with him-
2-How was David "a man after God's heart"?
3-How do you become closer to God?
4-Can faith be strong without being tested?
5-How does God want us to test him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who used a sheep's horn as a container for oil?
Answer for today     Samuel       1 Samuel 16:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 121:1-5    
I look up to the hills, but where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not let you be defeated, he who guards you never sleeps.
4 He who guards Israel never rests or sleeps.
5 The Lord guards you. The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, I want to trust you with my worries, doubts and fears.  Thank you for keeping watch over my soul day and night-
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: