Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday July 23, 2014 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Give God the blossom of the day, don't put him off with faded leaves-
2-"In the morning Lord, you hear my voice; the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly"-
3-"I will sing of your power, yes I will sing aloud of your mercy in the morning, for you have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble"-
4-"O God, your are my Lord.  Early will I seek you, my soul thirsts for you, my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water"-
5-True joy doesn't come from what we have but from what we appreciate-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Great faith looks like great surrender-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Sometimes, but not always, disobedient and rebellious acts are directly linked to some illness of the body-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Squirrels can climb trees faster than they can run on the ground-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why are so many prophecies made by Old Testament prophets about things that would happen a long time in the future--some even hundreds of years later?
2-In the Old Testament, God was a God of anger, wrath, and judgement.  Has this changed, and if so when did it happen?
3-Is there a difference in being a disciple and being a follower of Jesus?   
4-Can our lives always be focused on God?
5-How do you submit control of your life to God?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Revelation, what angel fights against satan?
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Psalm 73:25-26
25 I have no one in heaven but you. I want nothing on earth besides you.
26 My body and my mind may become weak but God is my strength.
    He is mine forever.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Father I am in awe of the depth of Your riches both of wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable are Your judgments and unfathomable Your ways! For who has known Your mind Lord or who has been Your counselor? Or who has ever given to You Father that You should repay him? For from You and through You and to You are all things.  It is to You our loving and eternal Father that we give praise and glory forever. Amen.
 
 (Romans 11:33-36 slightly adapted for prayer)
 
 

LIVE SIMPLY!  LOVE GENEROUSLY!  CARE DEEPLY!  SPEAK KINDLY!  LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!



No comments: