Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thursday November 4, 2010 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you share your strength you build competition, when you share your weakness you build relationships-
2-When in the presence of others, we tend to be who they think we are-
3-God can do anything his Holiness and love lead him to choose to do-
4-God's only restraints are those He imposes on himself-
5-Holiness and love are not attributes of God, but are the very essence of his being-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Lying is the truth of one's character-
I'VE LEARNED-You cannot move in faith and hold onto the past at the same time-
DID YOU KNOW-In French, essay means "to try, attempt."
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Pilate and the Jews hated each other, so why would he agree to their demands Jesus be crucified?
2-Could Jesus' cross have been used in a prior crucifixion or in a later one?
3-Why was Jesus crucified on Golgatha?
4-What finally caused Jesus death on the cross?
5-Were all crucified criminals scourged?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Israel had much of his territory taken away by the Assyrian king?
Yesterday's answer-So
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 14:15-24
A Story About a Big Banquet
15 One of those at the table with Jesus heard these things and said to him, "Blessed are the people who will share in the meal in God's kingdom."

16 Jesus said to him, "A man gave a big banquet and invited many people. 17 When it was time to eat, the man sent his servant to tell the guests, 'Come. Everything is ready.'

18 "But all the guests made excuses. The first one said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go look at it. Please excuse me.' 19 Another said, 'I have just bought five pairs of oxen; I must go and try them. Please excuse me.'20 A third person said, 'I just got married; I can't come.'21 So the servant returned and told his master what had happened. Then the master became angry and said, 'Go at once into the streets and alleys of the town, and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.'22 Later the servant said to him, 'Master, I did what you commanded, but we still have room.'23 The master said to the servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes, and urge the people there to come so my house will be full. 24 I tell you, none of those whom I invited first will eat with me.' "

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: