Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday November 23, 2010 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You never know how soon it will be too late-
2-If we want to be heard, we must speak in a language the listener can understand-
3-Forgiveness can be given but the damage cannot be undone-
4-Unconfessed sin will harden your heart-
5-Pride is overestimating ourselves and underestimating others-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The problem with being punctual is that nobody is there to appreciate it-
I'VE LEARNED-Men tend to talk when they are in a shared activity and women see talking as a shared activity-
DID YOU KNOW-A fingerprint is also know an a dactylogram-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Rahab have a fear of or faith in the Israelite God?
2-How did Rahab end up in the "Hall of Faith"?
3-How could the 2 spies have gotten into Jericho as Israelites when it was a gated, wall city?
4-Why would Rahab trust the word of the 2 spies?
5-Could Rahab have been an innkeeper?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What cruel king lied to the wise men about his desire to worship the infant Jesus?
Yesterday's answer-Sennacherib

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 18:1-14
God Will Answer His People
1 Then Jesus used this story to teach his followers that they should always pray and never lose hope. 2 "In a certain town there was a judge who did not respect God or care about people.3 In that same town there was a widow who kept coming to this judge, saying, 'Give me my rights against my enemy.'4 For a while the judge refused to help her. But afterwards, he thought to himself, 'Even though I don't respect God or care about people, 5 I will see that she gets her rights. Otherwise she will continue to bother me until I am worn out.' "

6 The Lord said, "Listen to what the unfair judge said. 7 God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them. 8 I tell you, God will help his people quickly. But when the Son of Man comes again, will he find those on earth who believe in him?"

Being Right with God
9 Jesus told this story to some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else: 10 "A Pharisee and a tax collector both went to the Temple to pray.11 The Pharisee stood alone and prayed, 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people who steal, cheat, or take part in adultery, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week, and I give one-tenth of everything I get!'

13 "The tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even look up to heaven. But he beat on his chest because he was so sad. He said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' 14 I tell you, when this man went home, he was right with God, but the Pharisee was not. All who make themselves great will be made humble, but all who make themselves humble will be made great."

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: