Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday December 10, 2010 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We limit God by our disobedience-
2-Prayer is not a microwave thing but a marinated thing-
3-Rich is not how much you have or where you are going or even what you are--it is who you have beside you-
4-The sadness of your leaving is only a moment long because of the joy of your having been with me is forever-***
5-Trusting God is not just saying you trust God-
Strange thought-We need to cut down a bee tree and spread honey in every direction-
I'VE LEARNED-Character is much easier kept than recovered-
DID YOU KNOW-A necropsy is an autopsy on animals
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What are we not tempted by?
2-Can you be tempted to do good?
3-Does sin occur when you yield to temptation or when you decide to do it?
4-How much does will power have to with overcoming temptation?
5-Did Jesus speak against owning wealth?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was taken prisoner to Babylon, though he came to enjoy the favor of the Babylonian king?
Yesterday's answer-Zedekiah
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 22:24-34
Be Like a Servant
24 The apostles also began to argue about which one of them was the most important. 25 But Jesus said to them, "The kings of the non-Jewish people rule over them, and those who have authority over others like to be called 'friends of the people.' 26 But you must not be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the leader should be like the servant. 27 Who is more important: the one sitting at the table or the one serving? You think the one at the table is more important, but I am like a servant among you.

28 "You have stayed with me through my struggles. 29 Just as my Father has given me a kingdom, I also give you a kingdom 30 so you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Don't Lose Your Faith!
31 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to test all of you as a farmer sifts his wheat. 32 I have prayed that you will not lose your faith! Help your brothers be stronger when you come back to me."

33 But Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and even to die with you!"

34 But Jesus said, "Peter, before the rooster crows this day, you will say three times that you don't know me."

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: