Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday December 22, 2010 thought for today

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you want something you never had, you may need to do something you never did before-
2-Satan cannot hold you against your will and God will not hold you against your will-
3-God may not take your storms away but he will see you through them-
4-I have lived long enough to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered-
5-Don't complain about the thorns in roses, but look for the roses among the thorns-
STRANGE THOUGHT-For fast relief, try slowing down-
I'VE LEARNED-Leave everything a little better than you found it-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the difference in predestination and predetermination?
2-Can you accidently sin?
3-What is God's obligation for the saved--the church--the unbeliever?
4-Is there ever a time when you stop praying for someone?
5-Do prayers always make a difference?
DID YOU KNOW-Hara kiri is an impolite way of saying the Japanese word seppuku, which means, literally, "belly splitting."
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Jewish girl became he queen of Persia?
Yesterday's answer-Belshazzar's
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 24:36-49
Jesus Appears to His Followers
36 While the two followers were telling this, Jesus himself stood right in the middle of them and said, "Peace be with you."

37 They were fearful and terrified and thought they were seeing a ghost. 38 But Jesus said, "Why are you troubled? Why do you doubt what you see? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have a living body as you see I have."

40 After Jesus said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because they were amazed and happy, Jesus said to them, "Do you have any food here?" 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish.43 While the followers watched, Jesus took the fish and ate it.

44 He said to them, "Remember when I was with you before? I said that everything written about me must happen—everything in the law of Moses, the books of the prophets, and the Psalms."

45 Then Jesus opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He said to them, "It is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day 47 and that a change of hearts and lives and forgiveness of sins would be preached in his name to all nations, starting at Jerusalem.48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I will send you what my Father has promised, but you must stay in Jerusalem until you have received that power from heaven."

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER


No comments: