Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday July 16, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you feel like you can't go on is when God will carry you through whatever difficulty you are facing-
2-Life is like a roller coaster, but God is constant-
3-Helping others is one of the most important things you can do in life-
4-You never lose by giving-
5-"As thy days, so shall thy strength be"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-When you are young, speed and flash may be great.  When you get older and smarter, comfortable and dull are not so bad-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Live like someone left the door open-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Baseball was the first sport to be pictured on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did John the Baptist call Jesus "The Lamb of God"?
2-How long did John the Baptist continue to baptize people after baptizing Jesus?
3-After the desert experience, did Jesus go back to John's public gatherings, and if so , why?
4-What was John's purpose in baptizing people?
5-Did John the Baptist know what the Holy Spirit was?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What oversized warrior had bronze armor weighing over 125 pounds?
Yesterday's answer-Abraham   Genesis 12:11-13 and Isaac  Genesis 26:6-7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 22:41-36
 41 While the Pharisees were together, Jesus asked them,42 "What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?"
   They answered, "The Christ is the Son of David."
 43 Then Jesus said to them, "Then why did David call him 'Lord'? David, speaking by the power of the Holy Spirit, said,
    44 'The Lord said to my Lord,
    "Sit by me at my right side,
       Until I put your enemies under your control." ' —Psalm 110:1
45 David calls the Christ 'Lord,' so how can the Christ be his son?"
 46 None of the Pharisees could answer Jesus' question, and after that day no one was brave enough to ask him any more questions.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY


Father, how glorious it is to enjoy freedom from sin, thanks to the sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus, on my behalf.  My life, once enslaved to sin, now enjoys the freedom from that which once held me captive to Satan’s bondage.  I live in victory because You have set me free and I am now free indeed.  Thank You, Father, for delivering me from the domain of darkness and transferring me into the kingdom of Your Son in whom I have redemption, the forgiveness of sin!
We lift up our brothers and sisters in prayer who live in oppressive and persecuted lands whose voices and expressions of faith are stifled by ungodly laws and rulers.  Help them to hold to the faith no matter the circumstances.  Encourage those who have family members or parishioners who are imprisoned for their Christian testimony. Replace any fear with courage and any doubts with the certainty of Your presence and the working power of Your Holy Spirit “to do more than we can ever ask or imagine” in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD-


No comments: