Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday July 26, 2012 thought for today




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves-
2-God is, even if all the world denies him-
3-Truth stands, even if there is no public support for it, it is self sustained-
4-Many sincere seekers of truth look first in the wrong places-
5-Jesus said "If you abide in my word, you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A person with a sense of humor doesn't make jokes out of life, he just recognizes the ones that are there-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle 3 things-a rainy day, lost luggage and a discourteous driver-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was 'tax collectors" and 'sinners" put together in the same category?
2-What did Jesus mean when he said "I have not come to call righteous people....to repentance"-
3-Which part of the Trinity does miracles and performs "God moments" on earth?
4-Why didn't Jesus chose a gentile, a woman, a person of a different color, etc. to be one of his disciples?
5-Why didn't Jesus chose one person from each of the 12 tribes if Israel for his disciples?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What did Jael use to murder Sisera?
Yesterday's answer-Shamgar   Judges 3:31
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY      Matthew 23:27-28
27 "How terrible for you, teachers of the law and Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You are like tombs that are painted white. Outside, those tombs look fine, but inside, they are full of the bones of dead people and all kinds of unclean things. 28 It is the same with you. People look at you and think you are good, but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and evil.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your Word. I delight in your law. I will not neglect your Word. Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: