Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday December 19, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Conviction is a belief we hold that holds us-
2-Sin is often disguised as something good-
3-Almost doing the right thing is not the same as doing the right thing-
4-Often the cares of life and the distractions of the day rob you of what you need most--time with God-
5-Courage is not the absence of fear.  It is the tenacity to do what is right no matter how afraid we might be-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-English is a strange language--"There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row"-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Money is not real wealth
 
DID YOU KNOW-Wolves were extinct in England by 1500-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does Jesus ever lead you into darkness and lets you walk alone?
2-The book of Malachi--was this the writers name or was it a pseudo name?
3-Angels are often portrayed as having wings--do they?
4-What two books of the Old Testament give more prophecies about Jesus than all the rest of the Old Testament books?
5-Did the Old Testament book of Zechariah have one or two authors?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What church did Timothy grow up in?
Answer for today    Lystra    Acts 16:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Luke 4:31-37
31 Jesus went to Capernaum, a city in Galilee, and on the Sabbath day, he taught the people. 32 They were amazed at his teaching, because he spoke with authority. 33 In the synagogue a man who had within him an evil spirit shouted in a loud voice, 34 “Jesus of Nazareth! What do you want with us? Did you come to destroy us? I know who you are—God’s Holy One!”
35 Jesus commanded the evil spirit, “Be quiet! Come out of the man!” The evil spirit threw the man down to the ground before all the people and then left the man without hurting him.
36 The people were amazed and said to each other, “What does this mean? With authority and power he commands evil spirits, and they come out.” 37 And so the news about Jesus spread to every place in the whole area.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, I am very grateful for Your continual guidance in my life and for Your steadying hand when the foundations are shaken. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for You are my safe refuge. In Your presence I find renewed hope, resurging strength and safety beneath the shelter of Your wings! Your unfailing love will uphold me and Your sovereign presence will never leave me nor forsake me. What joyous blessings these promises unfold in my life day by day as You will never lead me where Your grace cannot keep me. Thank You for Jesus in whose name we pray! Amen.



MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: