Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tuesday Decemer 24, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We may not get over it, but we can get through it-
2-When your hopes are shattered, it is your attitude that matters-
3-Great prosperity is not necessarily a blessing, it can also be a curse-
4-Often, those who criticize us the most need love the most-
5-The great physician still makes house calls-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-English is a strange language-"When I saw a tear in my coat, I shed a tear"-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Humility is a choice.  Not once does the Bible tell you to pray for God to humble you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Elephants get by on only two hours of sleep a day-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the connection between Ephrathah and Bethlehem?
2-Could Micah's prediction that a ruler of Israel would come from Bethlehem have meant anyone other than Jesus the messiah?
3-Is it possible someone added to the prophet Micah's writings at a later time since he mentions Babylon?
4-Is a prophecy not of God if it doesn't come true?
5-How long is a prophecy valid for?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-In what city were Christians guilty of taking other Christian to court?
Answer for today   Corinth  1 Corinthians 6:1-4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Psalm 94:17-19  
17 If the Lord had not helped me,
    I would have died in a minute.
18 I said, “I am about to fall,”
    But, Lord, your love kept me safe.
19 I was very worried,
    But you comforted me and made me happy.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, we thank You for the incarnation of Jesus who saw our greatest need and gave fully of Himself to reconcile us to You.  We are eternally grateful that our sin debt was paid by the sinless Lamb of God. We thank You for our Redeemer and friend, Jesus, the everlasting Light of Glory who chooses to be revealed in an imperfect people.  What greater love could there be! We humbly thank You, Father, in the name of Jesus.  Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: