Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday May 25, 2015 thought for the day-(Memorial Day)


LET'S NEVER FORGET!!


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Honor God by the quality of your work and the attitude of service you bring to it-
2-You take on the characteristics of whatever you worship-
3-God's love includes kindness, mercy, faithfulness and forgiveness-
4-Our sorrow makes it difficult to imagine singing joyful songs again, but the time does come-
5-Don't be guilty of taking God's provision and answered prayer for granted-
STRANGE THOUGHT-You know you are mature when you'd rather be slapped  with the truth than to be kissed with a lie-
I'VE LEARNED-In any contest, the start is important, but the finish is crucial-
DID YOU KNOW-The Japanese translation of  switch is pronounced "suitchi"-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How many men named James were there in the early church?
2-Paul refers to someone named James as "The Lord's Brother".  Who was it and what did the term mean?
3-What is the "Crown of Life" that God has promised to those who love him?
4-The book of James says "God cannot be tempted by evil".  But, wasn't Jesus tempted by Satan?
5-When Christians are tempted by sin, how does that affect the Spirit of God living in them?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Set thine house in order, for thou shalt die and not live"?
Answer     Isaiah   2 Kings20:1
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 2:39-40
39 When Joseph and Mary had done everything the law of the Lord commanded, they went home to Nazareth, their own town in Galilee. 40 The little child grew and became strong. He was filled with wisdom, and God’s goodness was upon him.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manFather, I confess to You that my heart can easily become like unplowed ground. Often destructive attitudes that I don’t deal with right away remain in my heart and cause me to be hardened toward You and others that I love. I invite the work of Your Holy Spirit to cleanse, renew and refresh me as I yield my heart to the searchlight of Your Word. As I seek You, Lord, You will come and shower Your righteousness and blessing upon my life as the fruit of Your unfailing love flows out to those around me. I can do all things through Christ who enables me through the power of Your Holy Spirit. Amen.


May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy-

No comments: