Sunday, September 06, 2015

Sunday September 6, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The secret to fulfillment is involvement-
2-The secret of happiness in life is in perspective-
3-A great deal of depression is brought on by improper perspective-
4-Happiness in the Christian life depends on how we perceive it-
5-The pleasures of sin are always more enjoyable than the walk of righteousness---at first-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The chances of an open faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor are directly correlated to the newness of the carpet or rug-
 
I'VE LEARNED-I never learned a thing while talking-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The most common name for a goldfish is Jaws-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does God think of cross dressing?
2-Has Moses' burial spot ever been found or did God not bury Moses' body?
3-What does the name "Gilgal" mean?
4-What city is the lowest altitude on earth?
5-What is the worlds oldest city?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "after I am waxed old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also"?
Answer     Sarah    Genesis 18:12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 9:18-20
18 One time when Jesus was praying alone, his followers were with him, and he asked them, “Who do the people say I am?”
19 They answered, “Some say you are John the Baptist. Others say you are Elijah.[a] And others say you are one of the prophets from long ago who has come back to life.”
20 Then Jesus asked, “But who do you say I am?”
Peter answered, “You are the Christ from God.”

Footnotes:

  1. 9:19 Elijah A man who spoke for God and who lived hundreds of years before Christ. See 1 Kings 17.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Heavenly Father, it is in my hour of need that I see Your powerful provision in my life. When I’m in need of comfort, You are my Comforter. When I’m in need of courage You go before me. When I’m in need of friendship You are the friend that sticks closer than a brother. When I’m in need of stability You are the Anchor for my soul. When I’m in need of finances You own the cattle on a thousand hills. When I’m in need of peace You are the peacemaker. When I’m in need of food You are the Bread of Life. When I’m thirsty You are the living water that leads to eternal life. You are my Shepherd and I shall never be in want of anything. Thank You for meeting every need I have. Amen.”


-I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: