Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday December 12, 2017 thought for the day


THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The Scribes were not a political party or sect but a class of well educated Israelites who taught and interpreted the law-
2-The disciples and early church believed the Messiah was to conquer and reign, not suffer and die.  He was to destroy the wicked, not be destroyed by the wicked,  he was to establish the Kingdom of God, not fall victim to the kingdom of men-
3-Jesus was fulfilling none of the rules the disciples expected for the Messiah-
4-There is nothing more beautiful than a kind heart-
5-Little acts of kindness do not go unnoticed above even it they go unseen by the crowd below-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Freedom of the press means no iron clothes-
 
I'VE LEARNED
You don't meet many arrogant people who are living with debilitating pain-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Running in short bursts, the cheetah can reach a speed of sixty two miles per hour-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it wise to pray for patience?
2-Why was Saul in "God's waiting room" during his time in Tarsus?
3-Why was nothing going on in Saul's life while in Tarsus?
4-Why was Paul given a "thorn in the flesh"?
5-Why didn't Paul ever say what the "thorn in the flesh" was?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who said   “My mother and my brothers are those who listen to God’s teaching and obey it!”
Answer for today       Jesus
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
EXODUS 19:5-6   So now if you obey me and keep my agreement, you will be my own possession, chosen from all nations. Even though the whole earth is mine, you will be my kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ You must tell the Israelites these words.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank you for making me one of your special treasures.  Help me to shine brightly in this world of darkness, and to do so for your glory-
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: