Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thursday June 21, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure-
2-If you love to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus a day, so I never have to live without you-
3-The Bible is a book of faith, not history, biology, biography, science or even philosophy-
4-Education is not the filling of an empty pail, but the lighting of a fire-
5-Genesis isn't just about the beginnings of the human race, it is also about the beginning of evil, and about how and why sin entered human existence-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with-orange, purple, silver-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Those who pray "Your kingdom come" find themselves at odds with the world-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The hippopotamus has skin an inch and half thick.  It is so solid that most bullets cannot penetrate it-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it okay with God for us to be upset with him-
2-How was David "a man after God's heart"?
3-How do you become closer to God?
4-Can faith be strong without being tested?
5-How does God want us to test him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who used a sheep's horn as a container for oil?
Answer for today     Samuel       1 Samuel 16:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 121:1-5    
I look up to the hills, but where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not let you be defeated, he who guards you never sleeps.
He who guards Israel never rests or sleeps.
The Lord guards you. The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, I want to trust you with my worries, doubts and fears.  Thank you for keeping watch over my soul day and night-
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: