Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday December 17, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-If you can trust God in pain, confusion and loneliness, you will overcome them and eliminate doubt, one of Satan's greatest foot holds in your life-
2-Only when honest feelings and emotions are shared can real people be known, loved and helped-
3-In scripture, praise is recognizing, appreciating and expressing God's greatness-
4-God moves us to praise him-
5-True friends should help you draw closer to God, not hinder your relationship with him-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
What do retirees call a long lunch-normal-
 
I'VE LEARNED
When we pray, our task is to ask in faith and wait in humility-
 
DID YOU KNOW
John Wayne began his film career in a series of Westerns as Singin' Sam, the silver screen's first singing cowboy.  Unfortunately, he could not make records because his singing voice and guitar playing were both dubbed-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Jesus ascend to heaven only in view of his disciples?
2-Did the disciples know they wouldn't see Jesus again after his ascension to heaven?
3-How did Jesus ascend into heaven?
4-Did Jesus go to another location (heaven) or just to another state of being?
5-Where is the heaven that Jesus went to?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
In what land did Moses see a burning bush that was not consumed-
Answer for today         Midian              Exodus 3;2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 63:1-4     
God—you’re my God!
 I can’t get enough of you! I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.
 So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath; my arms wave like banners of praise to you.
                                             Message
PRAYER FOR TODAY
  
Father, I thank you for your unfailing love.  You are deserving of all praise at all times-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG,
ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: