Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday August 23, 2019 thought for the day









THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The one who rows the boat generally doesn’t have time to rock it-
2-He who has a thing to sell and whispers in a well is not so apt to get the dollars as he who climbs a tree and hollers-
3-An optimist is someone who tells you to cheer up when thing are going his way-
4-Never explain-your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway-
5-If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want-

STRANGE THOUGHT
How do you tell if you run out of invisible ink?

I’VE LEARNED
the connection between satan of Job and the serpent who temps Eve in Eden was not made in the Bible until the author of Revelations identified the serpent as satan-

DID YOU KNOW
A human mucus membrane, which is used to smell, is the size of a first class postage stamp-

5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would God permit the judgement for the sins of a few people to be passed on to a civilization of people?
2-If Jesus forgave his killers, why haven’t generations of people been able to?
3-Were the twelve disciples Jewish Christians?
4-Did the first century Jews and Gentiles who followed Jesus have the same religious practices and customs?
5-Should Gentile Christians keep the Law of Moses?

BIBLE TRIVIA
What city of Cyprus was a site of Paul’s preaching?
Answer for today     Salamis      Acts 13:4-5

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
When I said, “My foot slippeth,” Thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me, Thy comforts delight my soul.            Psalm 94:18-19 KJ21

PRAYER

Father, thank you for transforming me into a new creation-

-I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-



No comments: