Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thursday April 2, 2009 thought for the day


ON A HILL...STOOD AN OLD RUGGED CROSS
Here are my thoughts for today
1-While we wait for God to work for us, he is waiting to work in us-
2-We usually ask God to change the circumstances we are in, while God is looking to change us and those around us-
3-Don't ever let the things you can't have, don't have or shouldn't have, spoil your enjoyment of the things you do have and can have-
4-Confidence comes from not fearing to be wrong, not from always being right-
5-Life must be understood backward, but it must be lived forward-

Strange thought-Every excuse I ever heard made perfect since to the person who made it-

I've learned-The place that may seem like the end may also be only the beginning-

5 things I want to know
1-Why was nothing going on in Saul's life while he was in Tarsus?
2-Why was Paul given a "thorn in the flesh"?
3-Why didn't Paul say what the "thorn in the flesh" was?
4-What does it take to be humble?
5-What is real humility?

Scripture for today Proverbs 24:23-34
23 These are also sayings of the wise: it is not good to take sides when you are the judge.
24 Don't tell the wicked that they are innocent; people will curse you, and nations will hate you.
25 But things will go well if you punish the guilty, and you will receive rich blessings.
26 An honest answer is as pleasing as a kiss on the lips.
27 First, finish your outside work and prepare your fields. After that, you can build your house.
28 Don't testify against your neighbor for no good reason. Don't say things that are false.
29 Don't say, "I'll get even; I'll do to him what he did to me."
30 I passed by a lazy person's field and by the vineyard of someone with no sense.
31 Thorns had grown up everywhere. The ground was covered with weeds, and the stone walls had fallen down.
32 I thought about what I had seen; I learned this lesson from what I saw.
33 You sleep a little; you take a nap. You fold your hands and lie down to rest.
34 Soon you will be as poor as if you had been robbed; you will have as little as if you had been held up.

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper




No comments: