Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday June 22, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-There is power in sin to cause us to want to do evil-
2-Wherever Jesus goes, his presence triggers and immediate response from the unholy-
3-Jesus could hold the universe in his hand but gave it up to float in the womb of a maiden, he went from holding stars to holding Mary's hand-
4-Jesus went from limitless eternity to be confined by time in order to become one of us-
5-In order for Jesus to change the world, he had to leave his world-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but you cannot do more than pray until you have prayed-
 
I'VE LEARNED-It is usually the last key of the bunch that opens the lock-
 
DID YOU KNOW-According to ceremonial customs of Orthodox Judaism, it is officially sundown when you cannot tell the difference between a black thread and a red thread-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-When did Joseph and Mary begin to understand all the events surrounding the birth of Jesus?
2-Was Joseph really Jesus' stepfather?
3-Would Jesus have had to be adopted by Joseph to be his legal son?
4-Why are there two different family trees of Jesus given in Matthew and Luke?
5-When was Jesus consecrated in the temple on Jerusalem?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What cynical king asked Jesus questions and then allowed him to be mocked?
Yesterday's answer-at least two  Deuteronomy 17:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 18:21-22
 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, when my fellow believer sins against me, how many times must I forgive him? Should I forgive him as many as seven times?"
 22 Jesus answered, "I tell you, you must forgive him more than seven times. You must forgive him even if he wrongs you seventy times seven.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, You know the true content of my heart though others may be fooled by my words and actions. So it is with You that I must keep a short account and pray from a genuine heart that I will act in accordance to Your revealed will and think upon those things which are honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report. Thoughts form in my mind before they are spoken from my mouth, so I pray that You would purify my mind, keep my tongue from evil, and enable me to stand for that which is honorable in Your sight so that I pass the tests of life and hear you say, “I am pleased with your integrity.” In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: