Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday June 10, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Distance grows as love erodes-
2-We seldom know ahead of time the plans God has for us-
3-A vertical perspective will keep you from a horizontal panic-
4-Discernment is needed to detect wrong advice from well meaning people-
5-There is really no way to experience joy until you decide to take that leap of faith and plunge into God's hands just like a child jumping into a swimming pool-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Older people are worth a lot more than younger folk-they have silver in their hair, gold in their teeth, stones in their kidneys and natural gas in their belly-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Never under estimate the power of sin-
 
DID YOU KNOW-There are 3900 islands in Japan, the country of islands-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Joseph and Mary ever make it to the register's office in Bethlehem to be taxed?
2-How long a time had Joseph and Mary planned to be gone on their trip to Bethlehem?
3-In Jesus' day, why was Nazareth looked down on with disrespect?
4-Was Joseph born and raised and lived in Nazareth?
5-Why did Mary need to go to Bethlehem if it was not her ancestral home?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Judah was blinded and imprisoned because he defied Babylonian authority?
Yesterday's answer-Jeremiah   37-38
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 16:24-28
24 Then Jesus said to his followers, "If people want to follow me, they must give up the things they want. They must be willing even to give up their lives to follow me.25 Those who want to save their lives will give up true life, and those who give up their lives for me will have true life. 26 It is worthless to have the whole world if they lose their souls. They could never pay enough to buy back their souls. 27 The Son of Man will come again with his Father's glory and with his angels. At that time, he will reward them for what they have done. 28 I tell you the truth, some people standing here will see the Son of Man coming with his kingdom before they die."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manJesus, my load becomes lighter as I consider that the ongoing toil and labor of this life is only for a season. The daily struggle of meeting deadlines, employee relations, putting out fires, pleasing customers and bosses can be overwhelming and very frustrating, let alone the growing pile of dirty clothes that awaits me at home. Though I’ve asked for Your divine intervention many times some of these recurring irritants will not go away in my life’s work. May the sufficient grace of Your Holy Spirit grant me an enduring and victorious attitude even in the midst of these toilsome labors. Remind me again that Your blessings far outnumber the troubles of this day and that divine rest is promised to those who are faithful to the end. In Your name, Jesus, I pray.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: