Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday June 11, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When life hands you lemons, don't just make lemonade, open up a lemonade stand-
2-Friends are like 4 leaf clovers, hard to find and lucky to have-
3-A hard thing about business is minding your own-
4-Falling in love is awfully simple, falling out of love is simply awful-
5-If God can make a billion galaxies, he surely can make good out of our bad and sense out of our faltering lives-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-No one goes where the crowds are anymore, it is too crowded-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The elevator to success is out of order, you'll have to use the stairs, one step at a time-
 
DID YIOU KNOW-In Turkey, the color of mourning is violet.  In most Muslim countries and in China, it is white-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-The Bible says that John the Baptist was "filled with the Holy Spirit from birth".  Did he not have a sin nature?
2-Was Jesus "filled with the Holy Spirit" from birth?
3-Have all people and are all people born with a "sin nature"?
4-How and when did humans get to North and South America?
5-How and when did humans first get to Australia and all the islands of the seas?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who prophesied doom for King Asa and was put in prison?
Yesterday's answer-Zedekiah  2 Kings 25:6-7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Matthew 17:1-8
1 Six days later, Jesus took Peter, James, and John, the brother of James, up on a high mountain by themselves.2While they watched, Jesus' appearance was changed; his face became bright like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.3 Then Moses and Elijah[a] appeared to them, talking with Jesus.
 4 Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you want, I will put up three tents here—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
 5 While Peter was talking, a bright cloud covered them. A voice came from the cloud and said, "This is my Son, whom I love, and I am very pleased with him. Listen to him!"
 6 When his followers heard the voice, they were so frightened they fell to the ground. 7 But Jesus went to them and touched them and said, "Stand up. Don't be afraid." 8 When they looked up, they saw Jesus was now alone.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, You made my heart to be the life-giving source for my physical existence and You also made my heart to be the life-giving source for spiritual existence. Create in me a pure and contrite heart, O God, and establish a steadfast spirit within me. It is only in the power of Your Holy Spirit that I can faithfully guard my heart from the follies of the world. Fill me with the abundance of Your goodness so that it overflows into the lives of others as my conversation and conduct reflect Your presence in my life. Help me, I pray, in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!


No comments: