Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday May 24, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-To God we are not worthless, we are priceless-
2-There are times I need to silence my intellect and simply trust Jesus-
3-God does not ask you to make a promise you cannot keep.  He asks you to believe a  promise that only he can keep-
4-The most meaningful worship always comes with a price-the whole of our lives placed at his altar-
5-"Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-You'll never hear your mother say, "How can you see the TV sitting so far back"
 
I'VE LEARNED-Grace creates a resolve to do good, not permission to do bad (sin)-
DID YOU KNOW-Bats always turn left when exiting a cave-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Were there false self appointed apostles in Paul's day just as there is now?
2-We're there any books/scrolls used by the early church leaders that didn't make it into canonized scripture-
3-Does unity in the church mean no disagreements?
4-What should the church do with one of it's members who is living in sin?
5-As Christians do we need to be aware of how our attitude and behavior affect other people?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What priest found the Book of the Law in the temple during Josiah's reign?
Yesterday's answer-Abiathar   1 Samuel 22:20
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  Acts 4:32-37
32 The group of believers were united in their hearts and spirit. All those in the group acted as though their private property belonged to everyone in the group. In fact, they shared everything. 33 With great power the apostles were telling people that the Lord Jesus was truly raised from the dead. And God blessed all the believers very much. 34 There were no needy people among them. From time to time those who owned fields or houses sold them, brought the money, 35 and gave it to the apostles. Then the money was given to anyone who needed it.
36 One of the believers was named Joseph, a Levite born in Cyprus. The apostles called him Barnabas (which means “one who encourages”). 37 Joseph owned a field, sold it, brought the money, and gave it to the apostles.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, Your principles teach me that time spent reading the Word, meditating upon it and applying it to my life makes a vital difference in my Christian walk. Spending time with other believers and learning from their examples, as well as their testimony, is another way You’ve brought positive change into my life. Hearing sermons that cause me to think and often move me to more fully surrender my heart to You has brought about foundational growth in my life. I’m grateful for those who love me enough to keep me accountable to the commitment I’ve made to live a godly life. Thank You for the spiritual health and vitality You provide as I graze on the bounty of Your abundant life-giving “green pastures.” It is in the name of Jesus that we pray. Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

No comments: