Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday May 26, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When life is hard, give more-
2-When Jesus said to count the cost of following him, it meant we must surrender our all to him-
3-What matters most is how we use what we have been given, not how much we make or do compared to someone else-
4-"Godliness with contentment is great gain"-
5-We are like God's jewels.  He exhibits his jewels on a dark background so they will shine more brightly-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Something you will never hear your mother say-Just leave all the lights on.  We have extra money this month for the bill-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Where there is genuine acceptance of Jesus, there is eternal salvation-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Deer can not eat hay-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Paul speak in tongues publicly?
2-Why did Paul tell women to be silent during church meetings and yet earlier told them to wear a head covering if she prays or prophesies-
3-What is an apostle?
4-Are all Christians apostles as well as disciples?
5-Who of the original twelve disciples did Paul ever meet?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What high priest had John and Peter arrested after the two disciples had healed a lame man?
Yesterday's answer-Abiathar   1 Kings 1:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 5:7-11
About three hours later his wife came in, but she did not know what had happened. Peter said to her, “Tell me, was the money you got for your field this much?”
Sapphira answered, “Yes, that was the price.”
Peter said to her, “Why did you and your husband agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” 10 At that moment Sapphira fell down by his feet and died. When the young men came in and saw that she was dead, they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 The whole church and all the others who heard about these things were filled with fear.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, like the Psalmist I pray that You will show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation. I’m indebted to Your loving grace that keeps me traveling the good path. There are many other paths that vie for my attention but I know instinctively through the Spirit and also by experience, that they are treacherous leading me to danger, a dead end, and leaving me with a spirit of unrest. I want to walk on the good path and find rest for my soul even in the midst of the dark valley experiences of my travels here on earth. I’m so grateful that You walk beside me on the path that leads to righteousness and eternal life. Amen.

I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: