Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday May 22, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God didn't need a family, he desired one-
2-Everyone was created by God but not everyone is a child of God-
3-Baptism signifies your inclusion in God's family-
4-Your baptism is a physical picture of a spiritual truth-
5-Don't be troubled by trouble-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-When dieting, remember, what is on the table eventually becomes what is on the chair-
 
I'VE LEARNED-We never outgrow our need for a father's love-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Pigs have been taught to accomplish almost any feat a dog can master,and usually in a shorter period of time-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do we live in trying to live a "Christ like life"?
2-Should it be a privilege to "suffer for Christ"?
3-Why was Paul so happy and upbeat when he was in prison?
4-Isn't it hard to understand that Jesus was God and yet took on the role of a servant?
5-Isn't it hard to understand that Jesus died on a cross which was usually reserved for the worst of criminals?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king ordered the execution of Ahimelech and other priests because they had conspired with David?
Yesterday's answer-Aaron and his sons Nadab, Abihu, Eleazaar, and Ithamar    Exodus  28:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 4:23-26
23 After Peter and John left the meeting of leaders, they went to their own group and told them everything the leading priests and the elders had said to them. 24 When the believers heard this, they prayed to God together, “Lord, you are the One who made the sky, the earth, the sea, and everything in them. 25 By the Holy Spirit, through our father David your servant, you said:
‘Why are the nations so angry?
    Why are the people making useless plans?
26 The kings of the earth prepare to fight,
    And their leaders make plans together
Against the Lord
    And his Christ.’ Psalm 2:1–2

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, Your grace has no measure and it was graciously extended to me the hour I first believed and started my spiritual race. You not only prepared the way but You also run alongside me and enable me to throw off those things that hinder or weigh me down. You’ve given me an enduring spirit to stay on course during the desirable and undesirable starts of new chapters in my life. It’s not the one who runs the swiftest, nor the one who runs for a day, but it’s the one who endures to the end that will be saved. I want to be among that number, and by Your grace, I will receive the eternal rewards that come to those who finish well. And then I start the next chapter that never has an ending; that of living in heaven and praising You for all eternity. I can hardly wait. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: