Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesday October 27, 2015 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Jesus work of salvation is complete but the progressive work of salvation is on going-
2-Jesus offers not a single drink of water but a perpetual artesian well-
3-Marriage is both a done deal and a daily development, something you did and something you do-
4-The blood of Jesus does not cover our sins, conceal our sins, postpone our sins or diminish our sins, it removes our sins for good-
5-The cross as a tool of execution came to embody the Christian religion of love-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-plastic silverware-
 
I'VE LEARNED-We are all capable of hypocrisy-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Ninety percent of the vitamin C in Brussels sprouts is lost in cooking-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount "if you are angry with someone you are liable to judgement."  Does that mean we are all murderers?
2-Can we be angry with anyone and not be classified as a murderer?
3-Is it possible for a man to look at a beautiful woman and admire her looks without committing lust in his heart?
4-Jesus said in the Sermon on he Mount that if a man marries a divorced woman, he commits adultery.  Is this always true?
5-Jesus said in the "eye and tooth" section of the Sermon on the Mount-do not resist an evil person, turn the other cheek, give someone more than they take you to court for, give to anyone who begs from you and lend money to anyone who wants to borrow from you.  Is this still required of Christians today?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This New Testament passage is from what Old Testament book-"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God" ?    Matthew 4:4
ANSWER FOR TODAY     Deuteronomy 8:3
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY       Luke 12:39-40
39 “Remember this: If the owner of the house knew what time a thief was coming, he would not allow the thief to enter his house. 40 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at a time when you don’t expect him!”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Father, what tremendous comfort the Scriptures bring when I consider the uncertainties of life. About the time I get comfortable or think I’ve figured out what the future holds I am thrown a ringer. I’m so grateful for passages of reassurance such as Romans 8:28 that reminds me You’re working on my behalf even though evil is prevalent and I’m often affected by its presence. As a blood-bought child of Yours, You have called me to work Your purpose and will for my life. What You have purposed for me cannot be thwarted though the enemy may stalk me or make me his target. After all, since You are for us, who can be against us. Help me to receive Your deep abiding peace even in the midst of difficult and perplexing situations, because I know that You use even those circumstances for our long-range good. May our trusting response to these undesirable sufferings prove to believers and unbelievers alike that we are becoming more and more like Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING

No comments: