Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Tuesday October 6, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Not everything done in the name of Christ should be attributed to Christianity-
2-There is a difference in cultural and authentic Christianity-
3-Christianity gives us a revaluation of the meaning of life-
4-Misconceptions about faith often open the door to doubts because they can create false expectations or misunderstandings about God-
5-Right or wrong we define ourselves through other peoples eyes-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Genuine imitation
 
I'VE LEARNED-We all need friends who will stick close, listen, care and offer help when it is needed in good times and bad.
 
DID YOU KNOW-Coca-Cola was first served at Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta in 1886 for only five cents a glass-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-The Gospels are divinely inspired.  Are they also works of history, biography or personal memoirs?
2-During what period of time was the New Testament written?
3-During the last many centuries why have there been so many book burning's inspired by Christianity?
4-Which New Testament books were written first-the Epistles or the Gospels?
5-Were any of the Epistle writers related to Jesus?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Old Testament book with many visions in it, gets quoted the seventh most times in the New Testament?
Answer for today       Daniel
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Luke 11:21-23
21 “When a strong person with many weapons guards his own house, his possessions are safe. 22 But when someone stronger comes and defeats him, the stronger one will take away the weapons the first man trusted and will give away the possessions.
23 “Anyone who is not with me is against me, and anyone who does not work with me is working against me.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manFather, help me not to be anxious about perplexing matters before me, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I want to present my requests to You so that Your peace which surpasses human understanding will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. Keep my eyes on Jesus who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life because that is the way to You, our Heavenly Father.  In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: