Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday July 24, 2017 thought for the day





THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Jesus didn't come to show us the way, he proclaimed "I am the way"-
2-Laws and rules never change anyone's heart-
3-There is no greater truth than the trust worthiness of God-
4-Without the proper Biblical motivation, your spiritual energy for living a life that honors Jesus will wane-
5-The more intensely we pursue our own happiness the more elusive it seems to become-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Just because it pops into my head does not mean it should come out of my mouth-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Humility is total dependance on God-
 
DID YOU KNOW
All organic compounds contain carbon-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do angels have a choice of obedience?
2-If satan was originally an angel, how could pride have entered him and caused him to rebel against God?
3-Which is more sure, God's promises, God's wrath or God's love?
4-Why do we now hear so much preaching about God's love and so little about his judgement?
5-Did Jesus die to save us from sin or from our sins?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 1:7   “God makes his angels become like winds.
    He makes his servants become like flames of fire.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book
Answer for today    Psalm 104:4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Proverbs 20:1   "Wine and beer make people loud and uncontrolled; It is not wise to get drunk on them."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

 
Father, grant me the wisdom to see the foolish things in my life that keep me trapped and by your grace set me free today-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: