Monday, November 06, 2017

Monday November 6, 2017 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-God loves us each individually and offers salvation  to each of us personally-
2-"Saving faith" is not accomplished through human efforts but is a gift of God and his grace-
3-The nature of light is to shine and dispel darkness-
4-Jesus wanted to be seen as the Savior and not  primarily a miracle worker-
5-When mercy is lacking, then religious formalities are meaningless-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put-
 
I'VE LEARNED
You foster contentment by enjoying what you have and living within your means-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The howler monkey is the loudest animal living in the rain forests of South America.  Their voices can be hear up to five miles away-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does confession and repentance mean the same thing?
2-Is wealth incompatible with a holy life?
3-What should we be trusting God for that we cannot do ourselves?     
4-Do we really believe all promises of God are true?
5-Did Jesus plan his own funeral?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Name the person who said the following as their last words "-“Pull out your sword and kill me. Then those uncircumcised men won’t make fun of me and kill me.”
Answer for today      Saul
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
1 Corinthians 7:9-10    Now I am happy, not because you were made sad, but because your sorrow made you change your lives. You became sad in the way God wanted you to, so you were not hurt by us in any way. 10 The kind of sorrow God wants makes people change their hearts and lives. This leads to salvation, and you cannot be sorry for that. But the kind of sorrow the world has brings death-
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
 
Father, show me my sin that I am too comfortable with to see.  Help me experience godly sorrow that leads to genuine repentance-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: