Friday, October 22, 2010

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A diamond is a chunk of coal under pressure-
2-We honor what we cherish-
3-God can never makes a wrong decision, has the wrong attitude, takes the wrong path, says the wrong thing, gives the wrong advice, provides an incomplete salvation, forgives the unconfessed sin-
4-What may be your right may not necessarily be the right thing to do-
5-If our happiness is in the when and ifs we miss out on the joys of blessings of the here and now-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If God only gives us what we can handle, I sometimes wish He didn't trust us so much-
I'VE LEARNED-Learning only begins when we accept the role of student-
DID YOU KINOW-When the "F-word" became considered vulgar is unclear. It was acceptable speech in England until as recently as the seventeenth century-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is tithing an obligation or an offering we give?
2-Is "cheerful giving" referring to tithing or offerings?
3-Why didn't Jesus ask his followers to tithe to to him and his disciples?
4-Was the Law of Moses still in effect during Jesus' ministry?
5-Why does the Bible not tell the time of year of Jesus' birth?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Syrian kind besieged Samaria, causing great famine that led to cannibalism?Ahasuerus, also known as Xerxes
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 12:49-53 "THIS IS A STRANGE SCRIPTURE", HARD TO UNDERSTAND
Jesus Causes Division
49 "I came to set fire to the world, and I wish it were already burning! 50 I have a baptism to suffer through, and I feel very troubled until it is over.51 Do you think I came to give peace to the earth? No, I tell you, I came to divide it.52 From now on, a family with five people will be divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 They will be divided: father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: