Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday October 17, 2010 thought for the day

HELLO EVERYONE!! IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK HOME SAFELY AFTER A WEEK OF ENJOYMENT OF OUR GRANDCHILDREN AND ESPECIALLY HUGGING AND KISSING THE 18 MONTH OLD GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER. BEST OF ALL SHE TOOK UP WITH ME THE FIRST DAY. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The seven sins of a dying society-
1-Wealth without work
2-Pleasure without conscience
3-Knowledge without character
4-Business without ethics
5-Science without humanity
6-Religion without sacrifice
7-Politics without principle
Does any of this depict our society today in which we live??
2-No amount of sacrifice can get back what was lost in disobedience-
3-Without wealth there is no loss, without health there is some loss, without character all is lost-
4-You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist-
5-The more you trust in God, the more your faith will grow-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Don't insult the alligator until after you have crossed the river-
I'VE LEARNED-Knowledge changes but wisdom remains-
DID YOU KNOW-The term honeymoon is derived from the Babylonians, who declared mead, a honey flavored wine, the official wedding drink, stipulating that the brides's parents be required to keep the groom supplied with the drink for the month following the wedding-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Jesus active in his synagogue?
2-Would Jesus have been a leader in his synagogue?
3-Would Jesus' friends, extended family, or neighbors have noticed anything unusual about him?
4-Where did Jesus and his disciples worship?
5-Why didn't the disciples worship Jesus?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What servant GIrl in Jerusalem came to the door when Peter escaped from prison?
Yesterday's answer-The daughters of Phillip-
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 12:13-21
Jesus Warns Against Selfishness
13 Someone in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide with me the property our father left us."

14 But Jesus said to him, "Who said I should judge or decide between you?" 15 Then Jesus said to them, "Be careful and guard against all kinds of greed. Life is not measured by how much one owns."

16 Then Jesus told this story: "There was a rich man who had some land, which grew a good crop. 17 He thought to himself, 'What will I do? I have no place to keep all my crops.'18 Then he said, 'This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and other goods. 19 Then I can say to myself, "I have enough good things stored to last for many years. Rest, eat, drink, and enjoy life!" '

20 "But God said to him, 'Foolish man! Tonight your life will be taken from you. So who will get those things you have prepared for yourself?'

21 "This is how it will be for those who store up things for themselves and are not rich toward God."

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: