Monday, August 08, 2011

Monday August 8, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY-
1-When we walk through the valley of the shadow of death we are not walking alone in the darkness-
2-We are only a steward of what we have-
3-Consistent obedience is the key to successful living-
4-You can't have unforgiveness and also be obedient to God-
5-Sometimes God comes along and scrambles our eggs-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I'd give you a piece of my mind but I am on my last one-
I'VE LEARNED-To kill time is to injure eternity-
DID YOU KNOW-The hottest chilli in the world is the habanero-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-After Adam and Eve's first sin of disobedience, when did they sin again?
2-By definition, is murder always pre meditated?
3-What does stealing say about your character?
4-How was Eli (an old man) to take care of Samuel (a young boy) when his mother left him with Eli?
5-Does God still "speak" to us today outside the Bible?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who had a vineyard that Ahab coveted?
Yesterday's answer-Mephibosheth, Saul's grandson 2 Samuel 9:9-10
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 7:14-20
The War Within Us
14 We know that the law is spiritual, but I am not spiritual since sin rules me as if I were its slave.15 I do not understand the things I do. I do not do what I want to do, and I do the things I hate.16 And if I do not want to do the hated things I do, that means I agree that the law is good.17 But I am not really the one who is doing these hated things; it is sin living in me that does them.18 Yes, I know that nothing good lives in me—I mean nothing good lives in the part of me that is earthly and sinful. I want to do the things that are good, but I do not do them.19 I do not do the good things I want to do, but I do the bad things I do not want to do.20 So if I do things I do not want to do, then I am not the one doing them. It is sin living in me that does those things.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, as we humbly receive the Word planted in us through Your Spirit we put off the old self. Help us to get rid of anything that stimulates our old way of thinking. Help us to reject that which is detrimental to our spiritual growth and to embrace that which saves us from the evil that is so prevalent in our world. Keep our hearts soft so that we are quick to confess and repent of that which dishonors You. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!






No comments: