Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday August 28, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We have no idea of the consequences that our disobedience brings-
2-In necessary things-unity, in doubtful things-liberty, in all things-charity--
3-Jesus became a man to understand man-
4-If you are successful at work and a failure at home, you are a failure-
5-If you answer before hearing, you aren't listening-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Due to recent cutbacks and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off-
I'VE LEARNED-You can run out of stuff and still have time left, but you cannot run out of time and have life left-
DID YOU KNOW-China's Beijing Duck Restaurant can seat nine thousand people at one time-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was Jesus crucified and not stoned to death?
2-Was Mark the first New Testament book written?
3-How do we know that some of the non canonical books written about Jesus' life are not accurate or authentic and helpful to the Christian?
4-Did Jesus ever anoint anyone with oil for their healing?
5-Did Jesus ever teach his disciples to tithe?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who attacked a Midianite camp late at night?
Yesterday's answer-Saul 1 Samuel 28:8
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 9:19-25

9 So one of you will ask me: "Then why does God blame us for our sins? Who can fight his will?"20 You are only human, and human beings have no right to question God. An object should not ask the person who made it, "Why did you make me like this?"21 The potter can make anything he wants to make. He can use the same clay to make one thing for special use and another thing for daily use.

22 It is the same way with God. He wanted to show his anger and to let people see his power. But he patiently stayed with those people he was angry with—people who were made ready to be destroyed.23 He waited with patience so that he could make known his rich glory to the people who receive his mercy. He has prepared these people to have his glory,24 and we are those people whom God called. He called us not from the Jews only but also from those who are not Jews. 25 As the Scripture says in Hosea:
"I will say, 'You are my people'
To those I had called 'not my people.'
And I will show my love
To those people I did not love." — Hosea 2:1, 23

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, when You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart. Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands. My part is simply to be obedient to Your inner voice speaking to me. Thank You for Your prompting and for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!






No comments: