Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday August 25, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God created things by saying "let there be" but he created man by saying "let us make"-
2-When sunrise begins, small things cast big shadows-
3-Life's greatest joy comes to those who have come through life's greatest difficulties-
4-Contentment is letting God transform your discontent-
5-Vocational contentment is a happy match between what you have to do and what you enjoy doing-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When you stop to think, remember to start again-
I'VE LEARNED-Don't dance on the edge-
DID YOU KNOW-In Australia, the number one topping for pizza is eggs, in the United States it is pepperoni-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did John the Baptist wear the clothes he did and eat the food he did?
2-Why did John the Baptist go into the wilderness?
3-What did "Jesus the Nazarene"mean?
4-What is the "baptism with the Holy Spirit" that John the Baptist spoke of?
5-When was John the Baptist killed-before, during or after Jesus' ministry?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Where did shepherds receive angels as late visitors-
Yesterday's answer-The angel of death Exodus 12:29-31
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 9:1-5
God and the Jewish People
1 I am in Christ, and I am telling you the truth; I do not lie. My conscience is ruled by the Holy Spirit, and it tells me I am not lying.2 I have great sorrow and always feel much sadness.3 I wish I could help my Jewish brothers and sisters, my people. I would even wish that I were cursed and cut off from Christ if that would help them.4 They are the people of Israel, God's chosen children. They have seen the glory of God, and they have the agreements that God made between himself and his people. God gave them the law of Moses and the right way of worship and his promises.5 They are the descendants of our great ancestors, and they are the earthly family into which Christ was born, who is God over all. Praise him forever! Amen.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manJesus, just as You called the fishermen, tax collectors, and other commoners to be “fishers of men” You also call and equip us to reach the lost men and women of our day. May our hearts be filled with compassion and our spirits charged with faith as we prayerfully seek to make a difference in our own generation. It Is not by our own might, our talents, or our power, but it is by Your Spirit that we can effectively reach the lost. Help us to be faithful in doing so. We pray in Your name. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!






No comments: