Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sunday August 7, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-All things don't work for our good but in all things God works for our good-
2-When you pray for God's blessings things don't always go right-
3-Bad company corrupts good character-
4-Witnessing is telling others what Jesus has done for you-
5-A spiritual experience always produces spiritual evidence-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Do you want me to accept you as you are or do you want me to lie to myself and like you-
I'VE LEARNED-Dance in the rain and forget the storm-
DID YOU KNOW-The highest lifetime yield of milk for a single cow is 55,849 gallons-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is lying ever acceptable under any circumstance?
2-What is the worst thing that lying does?
3-Can you ever trust anyone who has lied to you?
4-How can you ever know when someone is telling the truth after they have once lied to you?
5-Are we so immersed in covetousness that we don't even notice it?
BIBLE TRIVIA-For what cripple did David order Ziba to farm the land?
Yesterday's answer-Cain Genesis 4:2
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 7:7-13
Our Fight Against Sin
7 You might think I am saying that sin and the law are the same thing. That is not true. But the law was the only way I could learn what sin meant. I would never have known what it means to want to take something belonging to someone else if the law had not said, "You must not want to take your neighbor's things."8 And sin found a way to use that command and cause me to want all kinds of things I should not want. But without the law, sin has no power.9 I was alive before I knew the law. But when the law's command came to me, then sin began to live,10 and I died. The command was meant to bring life, but for me it brought death.11 Sin found a way to fool me by using the command to make me die.

12 So the law is holy, and the command is holy and right and good.13 Does this mean that something that is good brought death to me? No! Sin used something that is good to bring death to me. This happened so that I could see what sin is really like; the command was used to show that sin is very evil.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, we are abundantly blessed with foods of all kinds, both vegetable and fruit, meat and bread. Thank you for those who diligently work the land and reap the harvest that we might place food on our tables and be nurtured physically. You make the grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate— bringing forth food from the earth. All we have needed Your hand hath provided. Great is Your faithfulness, Lord, unto me. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!




No comments: