Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday April 1`2, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Today is  new choice to do better-
2-No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start now and make a new ending-
3-Fear is the single greatest weapon that satan uses to keep you from God's best-
4-You can chose to not listen to, act on or focus on fear, by facing the fear and placing trust in the promises of God-
5-Focusing on your fears causes them to be reality-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Isn't it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say but we question the words in  the Bible?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Jesus trumps satan's guilt with his grace-
 
DID YOU KNOW-It takes 24 hours for a tiny newborn swan to peck its way out of its shell-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why is the antichrist mentioned in only a few references in John's short letters?
2-Is the antichrist mentioned in scripture the Beast of Revelations who gains world dominating power with satan's help and who performs miracles that fool many into believing he is God?
3-Why is no antichrist mentioned in revelations or any other Bible book about "end times"?
4-Why wasn't the book "Acts of Peter not considered worthy of being a part of scripture?
5-How can you know for sure when religious people make up clever lies to take your money?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who told people to make peace with their brothers before they made a sacrifice on the altar?
Yesterday's answer-John    Revelation 6:9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 21:1-14

21 Later, Jesus showed himself to his followers again—this time at Lake Galilee.[a] This is how he showed himself: Some of the followers were together: Simon Peter, Thomas (called Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the two sons of Zebedee, and two other followers. Simon Peter said, “I am going out to fish.”
The others said, “We will go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat. They fished that night but caught nothing.
Early the next morning Jesus stood on the shore, but the followers did not know it was Jesus. Then he said to them, “Friends, did you catch any fish?”
They answered, “No.”
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they did, and they caught so many fish they could not pull the net back into the boat.
The follower whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” When Peter heard him say this, he wrapped his coat around himself. (Peter had taken his clothes off.) Then he jumped into the water. The other followers went to shore in the boat, dragging the net full of fish. They were not very far from shore, only about a hundred yards. When the followers stepped out of the boat and onto the shore, they saw a fire of hot coals. There were fish on the fire, and there was bread.
10 Then Jesus said, “Bring some of the fish you just caught.”
11 Simon Peter went into the boat and pulled the net to the shore. It was full of big fish, one hundred fifty-three in all, but even though there were so many, the net did not tear. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and eat.” None of the followers dared ask him, “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord. 13 Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, along with the fish.
14 This was now the third time Jesus showed himself to his followers after he was raised from the dead.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, there are many choices I will make today based upon the variables that I cannot foresee. But above all I must deny my own selfish desires, take up my cross daily, and follow Christ. In denying myself I will be careful never to deny Christ nor the work He wants to do in me. I don’t know what my cross will look like today, whether it be in the form of physical pain, ridicule of my faith, rejection from one that I love, a major letdown, or another difficulty that may arise. The wonderful blessing is that I don’t carry my cross in my own strength but You carry it for me as I lean upon You for strength, guidance, endurance and the assurance that today’s cross will soon be exchanged for tomorrow’s crown. Until then I remain faithful through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name I pray. Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: