Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday April 26, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The more a person is satisfied with Jesus, the more they will find their satisfaction in satisfying him-
2-"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret"-
3-Ability is a good thing, but stability is even better-
4-Security depends not so much on how much you have, as on how much you can do without-
5-Repetition does not establish validity-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If a train station is where a train stops, what is a work station?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Trust God's grace-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A group of cats is called a clowder
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Paul says that faith is all you need to be a righteous person.  James says that faith without works is useless.  Which is it?
2-Martin Luther called the book of James a "letter of straw"  and bad theology.  Did he ever change his mind?
3-Are the Jews a"race" of people?
4-What is the main reason people change from Christianity to other religious faiths?
5-Has God's covenant with Abraham which sets the Jews as God's chosen people ever expired?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What bible book mentions the priests of Israel more than any other?
Yesterday's answer-A turban      Exodus 28:39
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  Acts 2:32-35
 
32 So Jesus is the One whom God raised from the dead. And we are all witnesses to this. 33 Jesus was lifted up to heaven and is now at God’s right side. The Father has given the Holy Spirit to Jesus as he promised. So Jesus has poured out that Spirit, and this is what you now see and hear. 34 David was not the one who was lifted up to heaven, but he said:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit by me at my right side,
35 until I put your enemies under your control.”’[a] Psalm 110:1

Footnotes:

  1. 2:35 until . . . Control Literally, “until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Father God, I’m often tempted to add my voice to the crowd or simply blend in with the majority opinion. But because I choose to follow You I want to hear Your voice rather than the conflicting voices of others; I want to yield to the guidance of Your Holy Spirit rather than the prevailing philosophy of our day. I choose to follow You and I want to do so no matter the cost. Make me strong enough, courageous enough, and prayerful enough that I will stand even when others fall. When it feels as though I am standing alone remind me that You and I are a majority. When I stand up for You I stand in victory no matter the temporal consequences. It would seem that Jesus stood alone and was defeated in His physical death. Hope diminished over the days following His crucifixion. But His triumph over death finally became evident when He rose from the dead. Remind us that today’s obedience brings tomorrow’s victory. In the precious name of Jesus our Lord. Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: