Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday April 28, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The energy spent in struggling against the inevitable could often prevent it from becoming inevitable-
2-A person who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of it-
3-In the book of life, the answers are not in the back-
4-Do more than hear, listen-
5-Peace should be the other name for home-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-No person was ever honored for what he received.  Honor was the reward for what he gave-
 
I'VE LEARNED-"If we say we have no sin we are fooling ourselves and the truth is not in us"-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A group of tigers is called a streak-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why and when did the Jews stop animal sacrifices?
2-When and where have Christians suffered the worst possible persecution?
3-Do angels worship Jesus?
4-Who of all the old testament characters is most revered by Jews of all ages?
5-Why did the Romans outlaw Christianity?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What priest was the first head of the Levites?
Yesterday's answer-Nadab and Abihu     Numbers 3:4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 2:40-42
40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!” 41 Then those people who accepted what Peter said were baptized. About three thousand people were added to the number of believers that day. 42 They spent their time learning the apostles’ teaching, sharing, breaking bread,[a] and praying together.

Footnotes:

  1. 2:42 breaking bread This may mean a meal as in verse 46, or the Lord’s Supper, the special meal Jesus told his followers to eat to remember him (Luke 22:14–20).
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for me. You willingly became the sacrificial Lamb whose substitutionary death freed me from the heavy shackles of sin, degradation, and eternal damnation. My response to Your act of mercy and grace toward me is that I place my faith in You and recognize that Your love; so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all. Amen.
 
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: