Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday November 18, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God is loving and kind but he is also just-
2-God provides a free gift of salvation leaving us no requirement but one-receiving his gift (Jesus)-
3-True faith is marked by obedience-
4-If you are not right with God, you'll find yourself at odds with everyone else, including yourself-
5-Jealousy is a common response to one person's receiving something that another feels they deserve-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Ideas are funny little things that don't work unless you do-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Lobsters, like grasshoppers, feel no pain--(How do we know that?)
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If satan's servants can masquerade as angels, how can we know when we are being deceived?
2-Are angels emotional created beings?
3-Will there be tears of joy in heaven?
4-Will inhabitants of heaven have any kind of human desires?
5-Are there any rules in heaven?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What church suffered because of the "synagogue of Satan"?
Answer for today-Smyrna  Revelation 2:8-11
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 24:10-16
10 When the governor made a sign for Paul to speak, Paul said, “Governor Felix, I know you have been a judge over this nation for a long time. So I am happy to defend myself before you. 11 You can learn for yourself that I went to worship in Jerusalem only twelve days ago. 12 Those who are accusing me did not find me arguing with anyone in the Temple or stirring up the people in the synagogues or in the city. 13 They cannot prove the things they are saying against me now. 14 But I will tell you this: I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way of Jesus. The others say that the Way of Jesus is not the right way. But I believe everything that is taught in the law of Moses and that is written in the books of the Prophets. 15 I have the same hope in God that they have—the hope that all people, good and bad, will surely be raised from the dead. 16 This is why I always try to do what I believe is right before God and people.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, we could be driven to despair in the midst of the evil that surrounds us if we didn’t walk in the light of Your truth. We walk in the true wisdom that comes from heaven, not in the flawed wisdom that comes from the world. Help us to make the most of every opportunity to stand up for divine truth in our minds, our speech and in our actions. Help us to be faithful in passing on the faith to the next generation. We want to be the light that shines forth in the creeping darkness of our land so that we can show others the way to eternal life. In the name of Your dear Son, Jesus, we pray.  Amen.


GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD


No comments: