Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday November 19, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-There is no one to take the responsibility for the consequences of our own disobedience-
2-Truth without love is cruel-
3-Love without truth is deceptive-
4-We must always speak the truth in love-
5-Leaving a sin unresolved makes us vulnerable to more sin-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Be really nice to your family and friends for you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Unmet expectations are the root of all anger-
 
DID YOU KNOW-You can cut up a starfish into pieces, and each piece will grow into a completely new starfish-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Will the inhabitants of heaven have duties?
2-Will the inhabitants of heaven know each other as they did on earth?
3-Will becoming like Jesus mean obliteration of self?
4-Will our heavenly bodies need calories?
5-Will our heavenly bodies have our five human senses,or more or less?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What member of the Colossian church received a letter from Paul?
Answer for today-Philemon
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 24:17-21
17 “After being away from Jerusalem for several years, I went back to bring money to my people and to offer sacrifices. 18 I was doing this when they found me in the Temple. I had finished the cleansing ceremony and had not made any trouble; no people were gathering around me. 19 But there were some people from Asia who should be here, standing before you. If I have really done anything wrong, they are the ones who should accuse me. 20 Or ask these people here if they found any wrong in me when I stood before the council in Jerusalem. 21 But I did shout one thing when I stood before them: ‘You are judging me today because I believe that people will rise from the dead!’”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, You are the Father of Truth for You authored its meaning and revealed it fully in the person of Jesus Christ who was without sin. We live in a world full of impostors that have gone from bad to worse; those who use trickery, deceit, and distortion to mislead and gain the allegiance of others. Help us to be wise, discerning, and honest so that we will be people of integrity and sterling character leading people to faith in Jesus where they will find forgiveness for their sins, truth as revealed in Scripture, and life everlasting. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: