Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday November 28, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you smile you make life more beautiful-
2-We are shaped and destined by what we love-
3-Look for and welcome the joys of today-
4-Forgiveness doesn't change the past, it opens the future-
5-Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-My computer beat me at checkers, but I beat it at kick boxing-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Your spiritual gifts are not for your own benefit but are given to you to help other people-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Seals and whales keep warm in the icy polar water thanks to a layer of fat called blubber under the skin-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can a Christian's belief be accurate yet be incomplete?
2-Can angels in heaven have differing opinions?
3-If Christians see things differently, could they still use wise Godly counsel?
4-Will people in heaven need or have privacy?
5-Will God give us a new name in heaven?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What church received from Paul an epistle that has never been found?
Answer for today    Laodicea   Colossians 4:16
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 26:4-8
“All my people know about my whole life, how I lived from the beginning in my own country and later in Jerusalem. They have known me for a long time. If they want to, they can tell you that I was a good Pharisee. And the Pharisees obey the laws of my tradition more carefully than any other group. Now I am on trial because I hope for the promise that God made to our ancestors. This is the promise that the twelve tribes of our people hope to receive as they serve God day and night. My king, they have accused me because I hope for this same promise! Why do any of you people think it is impossible for God to raise people from the dead?
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, many times Scripture that speaks of waiting on You is followed by the directive of being courageous. Indeed it does take courage for me to trust You and not take matters into my own hands since that comes so naturally to my way of thinking and doing things. But as a loving, protecting and omnipotent Father You tenderly care for me as I commit my concerns to You. My unbelief and impatience leads to fearsome worry and unwise behavior. Getting ahead of Your divine plan and perfect timing only leads to more frustration and difficulty. Help me to remember that waiting coupled with prayer brings about growing courage and dependence on You rather than myself. Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: