Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday June 26, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1-Wisdom teaches us to control our emotions and guard our words-
2-Every word we say reveals who we are-
3-God, fill us with the Holy Spirit and empower us to say the right thing, at the right time in the right way-
4-To give thanks is to cross the tracks from have not to having much-
5-Gratitude flushes self pity out of our system-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Speculate-you are three weeks overdue with delivering my new pair of glasses-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Spend time with those you love, for one of these days you will say either "I wish I had" or "I'm glad I did"-
 
DID YOU KNOW
A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the distance of the Wright Brothers' first flight-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What was the star of Bethlehem?
2-When was Jesus born?
3-Why doesn't the Bible say when Jesus was born?
4-Why do we celebrate Christmas on December 25?
5-When did December 25 become the celebration date of Jesus birth?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who wrote a letter to Felix concerning the apostle Paul?
Answer for today     Claudius Lysias     Acts 23:25
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
1 Corinthians 2:11-12    Who knows the thoughts that another person has? Only a person’s spirit that lives within him knows his thoughts. It is the same with God. No one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we did not receive the spirit of the world, but we received the Spirit that is from God so that we can know all that God has given us.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank you for sending your Spirit to help me to know you better. From your word, may he teach me what you want me to know about you for my good and especially for your glory-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: