Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Wednesday june 7, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-To Jesus you have value simply because you are-
2-The Roman soldiers didn't have any idea of what they were doing to Jesus, nor the mob of people there nor the religious leaders.  He was just another criminal being killed-
3-If ever anyone ever deserved revenge, Jesus did-
4-Isn't it interesting that a tool of torture and an instrument of execution is a universal symbol of Christianity-
5-The Cross--the horizontal beam reaches out like God's love and the vertical beam reaches up like God's holiness does-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
A dollar may not go as far as it used to, but what it lacks in distance, it makes up for in speed-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Children need models, not critics-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Toronto was the first city in the world with a computerized traffic system-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was cutting his hair the only Nazarite vow Samson broke?
2-What is a "Kinsman Redeemer"?
3-Was there plural marriages in old testament times?
4-Who was the Kinsman Redeemer who didn't marry Ruth?
5-What relation was Boaz to Naomi and Ruth?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What lost letter of Paul is mentioned in the letter to the Colossians?
Answer for today    The letter to the Laodiceans     Colossians 4:16
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
John 15:13-15   The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I heard from my Father.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

 
Father, thank you for the sacrifice of Jesus so that I can be called your friend-
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!

No comments: