Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday March 27, 2010 thought for the day

FRIENDS
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When Jesus was on the cross, I was on his mind-
2-Nothing touches me that hasn't passed through the hands of my heavenly father-
3-I choose to believe that God knows what he is doing-
4-Deep pain can awaken to your sensitivity to life-
5-We are given family but we choose our friends-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but beware of the bull charges-
I'VE LEARNED-Live deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it is the only way to live life completely-
DID YOU KNOW-Thomas Edison once saved a boy from the path of an oncoming locomotive-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus speak more than the Hebrew language?
2-Since Peter, James and John were the inner circle of disciples, did it cause jealousy in the rest of them?
3-Does Jesus want us to make converts or disciples?
4-Can God be a God of extreme love without also being a God of severe judgement?
5-Could any of the Roman soldiers have thought that Jesus was the son of God?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Whose name meant prosperous?
Yesterday's answer-David
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Mark 1:1-8
1 This is the beginning of the Good news about Jesus Christ, the Son of God,
2 as the prophet Isaiah wrote: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way."
3 "This is a voice of one who calls out in the desert: Prepare the way for the Lord. Make the road straight for him."
4 John was baptizing people in the desert and preaching a baptism of changed hearts and lives for the forgiveness of sins.
5 All the people from Judea and Jerusalem were going out to him. They confessed their sins and were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
6 John wore clothes made from camel's hair, had a leather belt around his waist, and ate locusts and wild honey.
7 This is what John preached to the people: "There is one coming after me who is greater than I; I am not good even to kneel down and untie his sandals.
8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: