Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday May 18, 2010 thought for the day


FRIENDS
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Where your treasure is, there your heart is also-
2-Life in Christ is free but it is not cheap-
3-To witness is to "pass the salt"-
4-Get in the habit of saying "Speak Lord"-
5-Attitudes shape all the directions of our lives-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I know where I am for I've been lost here before-
I'VE LEARNED-A simple life in the fear of God is better than a rich life with a ton of heartaches-
DID YOU KNOW-A single violin is made of seventy separate pieces of wood-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do we deny ourselves and take up our cross to follow Jesus?
2-What is the cross we must bear to follow Jesus?
3-What can a person give in exchange for his soul?
4-Are a Christians actions or deeds important?
5-Why did Jesus refer to John the Baptist as Elijah?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was told by God to name his son Maher-shalal-hash-baz?
Yesterday's answer-Israel
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY MARK 8:34-38
34 Then Jesus called the crowd to him, along with his followers. He said, "If people want to follow me, they must give up the things they want. They must be willing even to give up their lives to follow me.
35 Those who want to save their lives will give up true life. But those who give up their lives for me and for the Good News will have true life.
36 It is worth nothing for them to have the whole world if they lose their souls.
37 They could never pay enough to buy back their souls.
38 The people who live now are living in a sinful and evil time. If people are ashamed of me and my teaching, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes with his Father's glory and with the holy angels."
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: