Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday July17, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Deciding not to choose is still making a choice-
2-If you do what you've always done you'll be what you've always been-
3-Reputation is earned, not given-
4-An unprayed prayer is never answered-
5-Sometimes patience is faith and waiting is believing-
STRANGE THOUGHT-How do you get off a non stop flight?
I'VE LEARNED-When mom is made at dad, don't let her brush your hair-
DID YOU KNOW-Dunkin' Donuts serves over 112,000 donuts a day-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the greatest need the church has today?
2-How would we pray if we really felt God was listening to us?
3-How do you have intimacy with God?
4-Should we incorporate silent time (listening time) into church services today?
5-Why don't we practice "foot washing" in church services today?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What wise woman was sought out by Josiah when the Book Of The Law was discovered in the temple?
Yesterday's answer-Athaliah 2 Chronicles 23:14
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 1:28-32
28 People did not think it was important to have a true knowledge of God. So God left them and allowed them to have their own worthless thinking and to do things they should not do.29 They are filled with every kind of sin, evil, selfishness, and hatred. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, lying, and thinking the worst about each other. They gossip30 and say evil things about each other. They hate God. They are rude and conceited and brag about themselves. They invent ways of doing evil. They do not obey their parents.31 They are foolish, they do not keep their promises, and they show no kindness or mercy to others.32 They know God's law says that those who live like this should die. But they themselves not only continue to do these evil things, they applaud others who do them.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, You are the Master Gardener who is growing me into the likeness of Your Son, Jesus Christ. As I remain in the Vine You assure me that I will bear much fruit lasting far beyond one season. When I consider the fruit You want to grow in me I recognize that it is all based on character traits seen in the Son. Help me to respond in accordance to the pruning knife of the Word of God as it penetrates my soul, judging the very thoughts and attitudes of my heart. Cut out that which hinders my growth and submerge me in that which will make me flourish making me fruitful for the Kingdom of God. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!



No comments: