Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday July 14, thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Self pity thrives in isolation-
2-Self pity is feeling no one else has this problem except me-
3-Fatigue makes cowards of us all-
4-Fear is often the beginning of depression-
5-Letting go can only be done, it cannot be developed-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I like long walks, especially when taken by people that annoy me-
I'VE LEARNED-Fatigue is often the beginning of discouragement-
DID YOU KNOW-The amount of potato chips Americans eat each year weighs 6 times more than the Titanic-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus know ahead of time who he would ask to be his disciples?
2-Did the disciples forsake their families to follow Jesus?
3-Why is scripture silent about the disciples background as well as their families?
4-If Jesus were calling 12 disciples today, what kind of people would they be?
5-When the disciples left and followed Jesus, was it a well thought out decision or a spur of the moment decision?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What woman, associated with the prophet Elijah, was mentioned by Jesus?
Yesterday's answer-Jezebel 2 Kings 9:33
Scripture for today Romans 1:8-17
A Prayer of Thanks
8 First I want to say that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because people everywhere in the world are talking about your faith.9 God, whom I serve with my whole heart by telling the Good News about his Son, knows that I always mention you10 every time I pray. I pray that I will be allowed to come to you, and this will happen if God wants it.11 I want very much to see you, to give you some spiritual gift to make you strong.12 I mean that I want us to help each other with the faith we have. Your faith will help me, and my faith will help you. 13 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know that I planned many times to come to you, but this has not been possible. I wanted to come so that I could help you grow spiritually as I have helped the other non-Jewish people.

14 I have a duty to all people—Greeks and those who are not Greeks, the wise and the foolish.15 That is why I want so much to preach the Good News to you in Rome.

16 I am not ashamed of the Good News, because it is the power God uses to save everyone who believes—to save the Jews first, and then to save non-Jews. 17 The Good News shows how God makes people right with himself—that it begins and ends with faith. As the Scripture says, "But those who are right with God will live by faith."

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, so much of what I need to do today and in the near future consumes my time and energy. The commitments and problems I face can easily crowd out the solemn moments that helps redirect my attention and focus upon the future You have planned for me. My soul is refreshed and my hope renewed when I consider that all of heaven with its splendor, majesty, absence of sin, and the presence of Jesus is mine to receive. You prepared it all and promised it as an inheritance for all who live by faith. Though my eyes cannot presently see, my heart believe by faith all that You have in store for those who are looking for the city which is yet to come, our eternal dwelling place. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!



No comments: