Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thursday November 3, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If it is Friday in your life remember, Sunday is coming-
2-Wishing is not praying-
3-If I compare myself to Jesus and see no difference, I am a fool-
4-We should base our theology on God's word and not try to prove our theology by God's word-
5-In order for a Christian to grow he must learn unconditional love-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The truly valuable always costs something-
I'VE LEARNED-Life is not about how elegant you speak, it is about what you were really saying-
DID YOU KNOW-If you stretched out a standard sized Slinky it would measure 87 feet-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did any of Jesus disciples have any deaths in their families while they were following Jesus?
2-Was there anything about Jesus' appearance that would make him stand out in a crowd?
3-Would Jesus have had Godly powers while growing up?
4-Why was Nazareth considered an obscure and nothing village?
5-After Jesus started his earthly ministry, did he ever return home to visit family or for family occasions?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What New Testament word meant teacher?
Yesterday's answer-The priests Deuteronomy 24:8
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 10:11-13
11 The things that happened to those people are examples. They were written down to teach us, because we live in a time when all these things of the past have reached their goal.12 If you think you are strong, you should be careful not to fall.13 The only temptation that has come to you is that which everyone has. But you can trust God, who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand. But when you are tempted, he will also give you a way to escape so that you will be able to stand.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path. I pray that the light of Your Word shines forth not only in my path, but spreads out to those nearby. As I meditate, memorize and endear Your Word to my heart I pray that meaningful Scripture will be a natural outflow of who I have become through Christ. In honoring Your Word the power of Your Holy Spirit uses Scripture to bring conviction, instruction, and inspiration. Help us to be faithful in reading and engrafting Your Word to our hearts so that we consistently and earnestly contend for the faith no matter the difficulty or temptation we face this day. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!




No comments: