Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday November 30, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Every generation needs regeneration-
2-There is no such thing as second generation faith-
3-The resurrection made Jesus the Savior-
4-We need to stop talking to God about our great mountain and start talking to the mountain about our great God-
5-Christian happiness comes from obedience-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce-
I'VE LEARNED-Time is the most perishable of all our possessions-
DID YOU KNOW-Women on average consume six pounds of lipstick in their lifetime-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What had Judas planned to do with the 30 pieces of silver?
2-If Jesus had used his divine powers to keep the soldiers from taking him, would it have changed the crucifixion story?
3-When Jesus was taken captive by the soldiers, why did the disciples run away and desert him?
4-When on the cross Jesus said "Why have you forsaken me." Did he feel abandoned by God?
5-Could Jesus really have chosen a different response to the cross?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who told Laban he had gone twenty years without a decent sleep?
Yesterday's answer-Jairus' daughter Luke 8:52
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 14:13-17
13 The one who has the gift of speaking in a different language should pray for the gift to interpret what is spoken.14 If I pray in a different language, my spirit is praying, but my mind does nothing.15 So what should I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.16 If you praise God with your spirit, those persons there without understanding cannot say amen to your prayer of thanks, because they do not know what you are saying.17 You may be thanking God in a good way, but the other person is not helped.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, when I get overly anxious about having the latest gadget or the newest fashion I usually overlook the fact that I have so much already at my disposal. So much, in fact, that I struggle to properly manage my possessions and can be overwhelmed with clutter. Thank you for the people who live with less so that others can have more; more of the basics of life and the provisions needed to reach others with the Gospel message. Contentment from You cannot be packaged and sold, but it can be a way of life as we align our priorities in accordance to Your will. Teach us the great gain we experience by setting our heart’s affections not on this world’s changing and peril-stricken economy, but by storing up treasures in heaven’s economy where eternal riches never perish, spoil or fade. May that precious truth help us find contentment in a non-content society. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!




No comments: