Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday January 27, 2012 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-No one is useless if you lighten the burdens of someone else-
2-Before we set our hearts on something we should look to see how happy those are who already have it-
3-Gratitude is the hearts memory-
4-A parent holds their children's hands for a while but holds their hearts forever-
5-When you've done your best you have done well-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When a person eats their words, that is recycling-
I'VE LEARNED-Rationalizations are usually based on good intentions, but they always lead to trouble-
DID YOU KNOW-Ancient Sumerians thought the liver made blood and the heart was the center of thought-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is God still creating new angels today?
2-Did God replace the fallen angels that went with Satan with new ones?
3-Do angels have any divine power of their own?
4-Should we ever show thanks to an angel?
5-Should we ever ask God to send angels to help us or others?
BIBLE TRIVIA-To whom did Jesus say, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel?
Yesterday's answer-An issue of blood Mark 5:31
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 11:1-6
1 I wish you would be patient with me even when I am a little foolish, but you are already doing that.2 I am jealous over you with a jealousy that comes from God. I promised to give you to Christ, as your only husband. I want to give you as his pure bride.3 But I am afraid that your minds will be led away from your true and pure following of Christ just as Eve was tricked by the snake with his evil ways.4 You are very patient with anyone who comes to you and preaches a different Jesus from the one we preached. You are very willing to accept a spirit or gospel that is different from the Spirit and Good News you received from us.

5 I do not think that those "great apostles" are any better than I am.6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have shown this to you clearly in every way.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, in this ever-changing society where transition is continually beckoning, You are the Changeless One. As we hold tightly to the hope we have in You we will not be pulled to the right nor to the left. You will keep us on course as You go before us instructing, inspiring and empowering us in our spiritual walk, for You who promised are faithful. May we keep a tight grip to Your hand that upholds us when we stumble, keeping us from being cast down. We thank You for Jesus who keeps a firm grip on us allowing no enemy to snatch us out of His hand. We hold unswervingly to You, the faithful One. Amen.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---



No comments: