Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday January 29, 2012 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Choose your love, love your choice-
2-We all have the strength to bear the misfortunes of others-
3-A friend is one who knows all about you and still loves you anyway-
4-When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on-
5-Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you-
STRANGE THOUGHT-People are a lot like tea bags, they don't know their own strength until they get into hot water-
I'VE LEARNED-Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength-
DID YOU KNOW-In ancient Egypt, the apricot was called the egg of the sun-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do angels or the Holy Spirit give us guidance in our Christian living?
2-Do angels and the Holy Spirit have over lapping or distinctly different functions?
3-Should we always be looking for angels to appear?
4-Can we emphasize angels too much?
5-What would cause an angel to want to separate themselves from God?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked that her two sons could have places of priority in Jesus' kingdom?
Yesterday's answer-The Syro-Phoenician woman of Canaan Matthew 15:24
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 11:7-11
7 I preached God's Good News to you without pay. I made myself unimportant to make you important. Do you think that was wrong?8 I accepted pay from other churches, taking their money so I could serve you.9 If I needed something when I was with you, I did not trouble any of you. The brothers who came from Macedonia gave me all that I needed. I did not allow myself to depend on you in any way, and I will never depend on you.10 No one in Southern Greece will stop me from bragging about that. I say this with the truth of Christ in me.11 And why do I not depend on you? Do you think it is because I do not love you? God knows that I love you.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather we thank you for the truths expressed in Scripture that reveal the way to wisdom. Your Word states that if any of us lacks wisdom, we should ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to us. So we ask that we may present to You a heart of wisdom. This wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. As we attain that wisdom may our lives be as a sharpened axe, useful for the purpose You ordained, leading to a life that pleases You. In Jesus Name, Amen

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!



No comments: